Saturday, November 10, 2012

Prepping cloth diapers

I'm very excited to use my stash of cloth diapers for Baby Dagny! I already prepped them last weekend. Here's what I did: Inserts: - Soaked in warm water overnight - Washed with cycles detergent powder the next morning (used up my cycles sample) - Rinsed 3 times - Line dry under the sun Covers: - Soaked in normal tap water overnight - Washed with cycles detergent powder the next morning (used up my cycles sample) - Rinsed 3 times - Line dry under the sun *sayang di ko napiktyuran ng nakasampay. Anyway, here's my newly prepped stash: Current Cloth Diaper stash: 2 bamboo dappy 3 baby leaf 3 next 9 3 alva 5 happy flute I didn't fold the bamboo dappy nappies yet since they were still a bit wet (as expected. since bamboo material usually dries longer) I have 12 more Alva CDs arriving this December which I ordered through group buying. That would be a total of 28 CDs which would be enough if I will be washing them every other day. But then again, I feel like I'd still end up buying a couple more if I wouldn't be able to resist some cute designs. I'm trying to hold back on pink stuff and trying to order some neutral colors so that in case we have a baby boy next time, he'd also be also be able to use them. Anyway, I'm planning to wash these prepped CDs again when my Alva CDs arrive . They say that it's advisable to wash the nappies a couple of times to prep the absorbency of the nappies. I really hope we'll be successful in cloth diapering. I just pray that Baby Dagny wouldn't experience diaper rashing while using them.

No comments:

Post a Comment